2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 large eggs
2/3 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain dairyfree yogurt (we used unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt)
1 1/2 cups peeled and diced apples
1/4 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon coconut flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil, room temperature
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/3 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 14 muffin cups with muffin liners.
2. First, prepare the topping by mixing everything together, except for pecans, in a small bowl. Add the pecans and store until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry muffin ingredients (almond flour through nutmeg).
4. In a large bowl, mix together the wet muffin ingredients (eggs though yogurt).
5. Add the dry mix to the wet and stir just until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the apples.
6. Pour 1/3 cup of the better into each muffin cup. Sprinkle the topping on muffins.
7. Bake at 425 for 5 minutes and then lower the temperature to 350 degrees for another 9-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Larger muffins may take up to 16 minutes.
8. Let the muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are super moist and need to be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container after the first 24 hours.
Enjoy! Original recipe red TexanErin.com