These are the BOMB!! My kids absolutely LOVE them! Easy afternoon snack or side dish! Gluten-free, Dairy-free, husband AND kid approved!
1 package pre-washed green beans
2-3 tablespoons trader joe's Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
olive oil for coating green beans
Toss green beans and a little olive oil in ziplock bag. Coat green beans with olive oil first. Then add nutritional yeast and Everything but the bagel seasoning! Toss in bag until well coated. Bake on cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes (or longer depending on desired crispiness)! Enjoy!
These plant-based tacos are delicious! Great meaty texture! Enjoy the traditional crispy corn taco shells or use lettuce wraps for a healthier option! Or try it over rice/quinoa as a taco bowl!
1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable broth
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups cooked green lentils (1 cup dry lentils)
1/3 cup salsa
2/3 cup vegetable broth, more if needed
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
Toppings: tomato, lettuce, salsa, avocado, cilantro, olives, etc.
1. Heat oil/broth over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
2. Saute onion for 7 minutes.
3. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Heat for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add lentils (cooked) and black beans. Mash mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add salsa and vegetable broth. Stir, then heat for about 5 minutes. Add more vegetable broth as necessary to keep it a creamy, moist consistency.
6. Spoon into a taco shell/lettuce wrap and add toppings of your choice!
Original Recipe cred Taste of Shred Cookbook (page 17)