Y'all, this is so delicious! We are ready for Thanksgiving! Paired with a little scoop of dairy-free ice cream- YUM!!! No one will ever know this healthy dessert is actually healthy!!!
6 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. To make filling, in a medium bowl, combine apples, cinnamon, honey and lemon juice. Stir together until apples are coated evenly.
3. To make topping, in a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and pecans. Use a fork or fingers to mix in honey and butter until topping has a crumbly consistency.
4. Arrange apples into a 9-inch dish or baking dish. Cover with crumble topping.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Apple crisp is best served immediately. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Makes about 12 muffins
1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 cups gluten free flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick the sweet potato a few times and bake until soft about 50 minutes-1 hour.
2. Peel the sweet potato and discard skin. Mash the potato into a mixing bowl. Whisk the oil, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla in with your potato. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon/salt. Fold the dry ingredients in the wet.
I know- the mixture is a bit dry and looks yuck but trust me, when it cooks, it tastes like a cinnamon donut!
Evenly distribute the mixture into muffin tin. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Brush the tops with a little maple syrup if desired!
Recipe cred Gwyneth Paltrow
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
14 oz green beans, trimmed
1 onion, diced
For the Topping:
2 handfuls of gluten free bread crumbs
3 gloves garlic
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
(optional) chopped pecans
1. Steam cauliflower for about 8 minutes until soft.
2. Heat skillet with a little vegetable broth and add onions and green beans. Cook until soft and tender.
3. When cauliflower is done, put in food processor, add coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and season with salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth.
4. Prepare topping for cassrole. Mix topping ingredients in bowl.
5. Last, assemble casserole in cassrole dish with green beans, followed by cauliflower mash, followed by topping crumbles. Bake for around 15 minutes in 405 degree oven.
Recipe cred Contentednesscooking.com