These plant-based tacos are delicious! Great meaty texture! Enjoy the traditional crispy corn taco shells or use lettuce wraps for a healthier option! Or try it over rice/quinoa as a taco bowl!
1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable broth
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups cooked green lentils (1 cup dry lentils)
1/3 cup salsa
2/3 cup vegetable broth, more if needed
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
Toppings: tomato, lettuce, salsa, avocado, cilantro, olives, etc.
1. Heat oil/broth over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
2. Saute onion for 7 minutes.
3. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Heat for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add lentils (cooked) and black beans. Mash mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add salsa and vegetable broth. Stir, then heat for about 5 minutes. Add more vegetable broth as necessary to keep it a creamy, moist consistency.
6. Spoon into a taco shell/lettuce wrap and add toppings of your choice!
Original Recipe cred Taste of Shred Cookbook (page 17)