These fiber-packed, protein rick ball are a healthy way to indulge your sweet treat! If the consistency is not thick enough to roll into balls, press in pan, put in freezer, and cut into bars! Pull out 5 minutes before you want to eat to allow to thaw for perfect consistency! Enjoy
3-4 pitted dates, soaked in water for 10 minutes before using
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup chocolate protein powder (we use JP complete protein mix- vegan, dairyer, gluten free- message me for details)
1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon non-dairy milk (we used unsweetened almond milk)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life brand- dairy free)
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or foil.
2. In a small bowl soak dates for 10 minutes.
3. In a vitamix, add dates, black beans, almond butter, protein powder, salt, vanilla, applesauce, almond milk. Pulse and combine until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth.
4. Roll the dough into balls. Place each ball on wax paper. Place baking sheet in fridge.
OR If dough is too gooey, place dough into baking dish. Place in freezer or fridge.
5. Melt chocolate chips on stove top or in microwave. Drizzle balls or bars with chocolate!
6. Store in airtight container in fridge or freezer for up to 1 week (if they last that long!).
Note: our dough was a bit gooey for balls so we put in baking dish in the freezer. We put in freezer for 10 minutes while we melted chocolate. We then drizzled melted chocolate on the bars and put back in the freezer! We kept in freezer until we were ready to eat them! They lasted 2 days!!!! So yummy!
recipe cred emilieeats.com