1 small onion, chopped
6 small garlic cloves (about 1 tablespoon)
6 to 7 cups of vegetable stock
6 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 24 ounces frozen)
1 large russet potato (about 3/4 pound), scrubbed and cut into pieces (about 3 cups)
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into pieces (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
1/3 cup almond flour
sea salt and pepper to taste
(I did not have thyme or parsley when cooking so I substituted 1 tablespoon of Trader Joe's Everything but the seasoning bagel seasoning )
1. In a large pot or dutch oven, place onion, garlic and 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until onion is translucent for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the corn, potato, and 4 1/2 cup of remaining vegetable stock. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potato is soft, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Transfer half of the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot. Add up to 1 cup stock to adjust the consistency if necessary.
4. Add the bell pepper, parsley, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes, until the flavors have blended and the pepper is tender.
5. Meanwhile, place the flour and 1/3 cup water in the blender and blend until smooth. Stir the almond cream into the chowder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
RECIPE CRED FORKS OVER KNIVES