Have you guys been itching for a fresh summer salad that won't leave you feeling heavy after eating? Well, do I have a treat for you!
Summer is a time of feeling free and having fun with friends and family! That means not spending as much time in the kitchen with this quick and easy chickpea salad recipe!
Chickpeas make salads fun! What's even cooler is how versatile you can be with chickpea salads, adding or substituting what you like and don't like with ease!
For the avocado lover, a Chickpea Avocado Salad is a special treat! It only takes 15 minutes to create, and this recipe gives you 5 cups!
Start with 4 cups of cooked chickpeas(this is about 2 (15-ounce) cans, that you have drained and rinsed.
Take 1 small red onionand peel it, then dice into small pieces. Unless you love onions, it's best to make them small as to not overwhelm the dish!
Peel and mince 2 cloves of garlicto give a nice flavor to your salad.
For those who like their meal a bit spicy, mince a jalapeño pepper(with or without the seeds).
Chop1/2 cup of cilantro.
Juice 4 limesand then zest only oneof them.
Salt the salad to taste.
Add 1 avocadothat has been coarsely chopped.
If you or someone in your family is not fond of avocado, the great thing about this recipe is that it can be substituted with any vegetable! For example, a cucumber!
I hope you choose to make a fresh salad with chickpeas this summer and let me know what you think!
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in your food processor
3. Blend until the batter has a smooth consistency and even color
4. Portion out between the 12 muffin tin
5. Top muffins with chocolate chips
6. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean
7. Cool in a pan before transferring the muffins to a cooling rack
8. Enjoy warm or allow to cool completely before storing in the fridge for up to 5 days or in a freezer for up to a month.
Original Recipe cred
Made some changes to original recipe! Contact me for sample of JP Vanilla complete!