1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 pound chicken breast
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin
3/4 teaspoon paprika
3 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon dried cilantro
1 can tomato sauce (14.5 oz)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can roasted corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, not drained (we used diced tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic, and oregano)
1. Sauté onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in a little olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add chicken and sauté until no longer pink.
2. Remove chicken and shred. While shredding chicken, add chili powder, cumin, and paprika to the pan with the onion and bell pepper.
3. Once chicken is shredded, add it back to the pan with the seasoning, onion, and bell pepper. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add can of tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Stir.
5. Allow to cook on medium heat for an additional 8 minutes.
6. Add corn, beans, and dried cilantro. Allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve with avocado, tortilla strips, and maybe some dairyfree cheese or sour cream! Enjoy!