2 large cauliflower heads, cut into bite-size florets
1.5 cups low sugar, all natural marinara sauce
1/2 cup nitrate free pepperoni, divided (we use the applegate turkey pepperoni)
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp chili flakes (optional) (we did not include)
salt and pepper to taste
the recipe calls for 1 cup shredded natural mozzarella (divided) but since we are dairy free, we added 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast to the crockpot and sprinkled top with Daiya Mozzarella cheese about 20 minutes before serving.
1. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower with marinara, garlic powder, oregano, nutritional yeast (optional) and chili flakes.
2. Toss until fully coated then season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Place half the cauliflower in the bowl of your slow cooker (and if you are using cheese, top with half of the mozzarella and pepperoni).
4. Add the rest of your cauliflower and repeat the topping process.
5. Cook on low for about 5 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.