Put A New Spin On Traditional Dishes This Year! I love love love the tradition of Thanksgiving! We all have that special dish we look forward to on the Thanksgiving table each year, and I have already been in the kitchen experimenting with recipes that I hope to make mew traditions out of in years to come.
Thanksgiving dinner has the reputation for being heavy, carby, buttery, and sugar-filled. By ALL MEANS, don’t let this day become a guilt trap by trying to make every single thing on the table perfectly “healthy”, but I really do encourage you to play around with traditional recipes by using alternatives that might make Thanksgiving supper more nutritious. Here are some examples:
1. Replace regular sugar with coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
2. Eggs can be replaced in baking by using baking soda and vinegar, ground flaxseed, or even a ripe banana!
3. Swap cow milk for oat milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
4. Sometimes, you can make a dish gluten-free by subbing almond flour, but remember that this might change the texture.
5. You can always use vegan butter to make something Dairyfree! So many options out there!
Get creative with your Thanksgiving dishes this year! A little recipe experimentation is fun, and it’s the BEST when you stumble upon a way to make an old favorite even better!! Here are some of my favorite Dairyfree, glutenfree substitutes for those thanksgiving favorites...