1.5 cups raw hazelnuts
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, or other unsweetened plant milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon maple syrup or sub with agave syrup
6-8 soft dates, pitted (depending on your preference for sweetness)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Stir halfway through cooking time.
2. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then pickup handfuls at a time and rub firmly between your palms so the skin falls off. Place the peeled hazelnuts in a high-speed blender or food processor.
3. Blend on high for 5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides, until a thin nut butter consistency is formed.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again for an additional 3-5 minutes until smooth and well incorporated. Store in an airtight mason jar in the fridge.
5. Enjoy on pancakes, rice cake, toast, crackers or just eat with a spoon!
Recipe cred Pickuplimes.com