Not surprised, this 7- ingredient, naturally sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar is dairy free, gluten free, vegan, crispy, crunchy, and nutritious!!! Recipe cred my very favorite website minimalistbaker.com
1/2 cup uncooked white quinoa
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
optional: sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, ensuring it covers the entire surface and all the edges.
2. Add quinoa, pecans, oats, chia seeds, coconut sugar, and salt in mixing bowl- stir to combine.
3. In a small sauce pan- add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation.
4. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine and coat. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer with a metal spoon. Try to get it as even as possible so it will cook evenly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pan around to ensure even browning. Bake 5-10 minutes more and watch carefully as to not burn. You'll know it's done when uniformly deep golden brown in color and very fragrant. The edges may appear to be getting too brown, but they're just getting crisp and caramelized, so don't be afraid of that!
6. Let cool completely before breaking into bite-sized pieces with a sharp knife or your fingers.
7. Once completely cooled, store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 1 week or in the freezer up to a month!
Recipe red my fave Minimalistbaker.com